The Boarding Program at the Florida School for the Deaf and the Blind (FSDB) is made up of dormitories for students enrolled from Elementary School to High School, Continuing Education and Career Education & Transition. The Boarding Program groups students by age, sex, and whether they are deaf or blind. Students whose families live in St. Augustine or nearby go home by bus each afternoon.
The Boarding Program brings students from across the state of Florida together to interact socially, bond together, and to learn from one another in a vibrant campus community that promotes camaraderie and lifelong friendships. The program offers:
- Caring staff members and round-the-clock supervision
- Bus service home and back on weekends and holidays
- Dorms with kitchens and lounge areas
- Curriculum that focuses on age-appropriate topics
- Recreational activities such as biking, swimming, rock climbing, bowling, kayaking, athletics, clubs, and other extracurricular activities
- 24–hour Health Care Center staffed with registered nurses
Please review the links in the left sidebar for individual dormitories, apartment programs, and related specifics.
For more information, contact:
Administrator, Boarding Services