The Facilities Services department, including the Maintenance and Construction department, focuses on provision of well-maintained functional facilities to ensure a safe and efficient instructional environment for students, teachers and staff members at the Florida School for the Deaf and the Blind (FSDB).
Campus Access Procedures
Access to campus is restricted and under the jurisdiction of the FSDB Campus Police Department. Learn more about our campus access policy.
All contractors and delivery drivers are required to display valid photo identification (preferably a state issued ID card or driver license) when requesting access into the campus so that searches can be conducted on the national and state sexual offender/predator registries. Visitors should enter the campus through the Genoply Street entrance that intersects with San Marco Avenue, and then proceed to the guardhouse to check in with Campus Police.
The following FSDB links are available to architects and engineers; environmental, health and safety services; construction management firms; and guidelines for construction. Also included is the professional services guide from the Florida Department of Management Services.
- Selection Criteria – Construction Management Firms
- Selection Criteria – Architect/Engineering Firms
- Selection Criteria – Roofing Contract Firms
- Selection Criteria – High Voltage Electrical Contractor
- Selection Criteria – Site Contractor on Minor Projects
- Selection of Environmental, Health, and Safety Services– forthcoming
- Construction Guidelines
- Professional Services Guide
Contract bid specifications are listed below.
- Level 1 (bid procedure, award and negotiation)
- Level 2 & 3 (invitation to bid, proposal form, identical tie bids statement, and additional specifications)
- Level 4 & 5 (instructions to bidders, bid documents, general conditions, and bidders checklist)
For more information, contact:
Gregory Van Volkom
Director, Facilities Services